Anyone know a good lawyer?

TyHiggins

Today at the Hinterland Mall, I see this #9 Griswold Tite-Top DO, pat. date Feb 10, 1920 (I have one identical, paid $75 over a year ago). I check the price tag just to see if it would be under or over $100. I was about floored, so were the ladies up front when I toted it up, I had a death grip on it. "He just brought that in this morning," she said. $10!!!!!:-D Did I commit a felony or a misdemeanor is my only question.

Last edited:
They usually go for way more around here, you know how vendors act like just because it says Griswold it's not iron it's gold. I knew I'd overpaid at $75 for my other one, but I'd lost my DO in the fire and had insurance money to play with. It was actually priced at $100, I tried to get it for $60. I do like how much bigger it is than a #8 DO which is about all you ever see.

Ty, great find!! Tell you what, I'll give ya $20 for it and you'll have 100% profit...LOL. Man, I've never seen anyone find so much nice CI as you do. I may have to make a road trip to your neck of the woods. Down here the pickings are slim.

Steve you should see some of what my uncle lays his hands on. There is a lot of it around, and steals to be had.

Totally jealous, Ty. Down here you can find some iron but usually overpriced for what it is. Antique shops are the worst especially if it's a Griswold. I've seen warped Gris. of common size priced at $60-$80 as well as where antique dealers have tried to restore themselves with a grinding wheel and did a poor job. I have my best luck at local flea markets buying from Hatian & Latin immigrants that have no idea what they have.

Back