Jared Thomas from Phoenix, AZ

Jared Thomas

I am not new to cast iron collecting, but am new to this site. I have been 'collecting' and using cast iron for about 25 years now (more than 1/2 my life).

My first piece was given to me from my father as a Christmas gift. It was custom 11" Maca deep dutch oven with my name on it. It began life winning chili cook-off contests and has never looked back.

Since then, I probably have about 30 random pieces including a custom cast iron 20" camp fire pizza oven, never been seasoned NIB Salt Lake City 2002 dutch oven, fondue set, a full set of family heirloom Wagner pans (#2 - #14), chicken fryers, waffle irons, spider legs, hammered, etc.

Almost all of these are used and enjoyed.

I enjoy finding the one off random pieces and learning the history behind them, hence why I began using this site. Once I get to know this forum better, I plan on posting some pictures of items people may or may not have seen before... Hopefully some of my pieces will fill in the gaps where others might not knew existed.

Jared, Welcome to the CIC site. Sounds like you have some real nice collectable/user CI. I'm about 90 miles north of you here in Humboldt, Az. We have good access to a lot of CI with all the swap meets, yard sales and estate sales.

Back