Tall skillet with lid.

Picked this up at a yard sale today along with a few Griswolds from the same owner. No letters or numbers. And the markings under the lid don't match anything I have researched!! My best guess is it's a Wagner. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 53
What I understand,Wagner always have some kind of marks either full name or skillet specs, also lid inside Wagner has lines,your has dots.outside those rims on my Wagner are deeper.probably it is a copy of Wagner made in China.I just bought a skillet was crusty I thought was griswold after came out E tank not marks at all and it has exact same griswold handle.sorry I don't know how to post pics:confused:

I also at first glance thought Wagner, but I didn't enlarge the photos. Don't know about Chinese, though. The design owes much to Wagner, as an obvious copy, but the drippers, as noted, aren't right.

That's what I thought also Doug. Before I posted I checked every lid and "clue" on this site to what it might be. Ended up more confused!! But it is a nice heavy piece of iron. Am in the process of seasoning it up as we speak!!

Back