Skillet ID needed please (#8)

JKernea

This is in a local shop for $12....it has some distinctive features. What are your thoughts? Any idea who the manufacturer is?

It appears there may be some "ghosting" in the middle.....looks almost like a rectangle in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 68
A plausible guess might be Favorite. The profile of the bottom perimeter of the pan which curves into the heat ring is characteristic of them, as is the practice of excising older markings in blocks rather than just filling in the lettering.

Is $12 a good deal?....I have two #8 skillets already....I really don't "need" it...but if it's a good deal, I can pick it up. Maybe trade it to someone along the way somewhere for something I want/need.

It could also be someone's copy using a Favorite as a basis for the pattern. $12 may be a bargain, but maybe not if you can't tell if it's cracked or pitted under the build-up.

I had one last photo that I forgot to post....just to see if it could help positively identify.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 46
$12 for that skillet is not too bad for a user,I don't think is going to be an other mark than that num 8.the bottom is clean and gost marks doesn't have value as collectables.

Back