Picks from last 2 weekends

Shawn R

Here's my picks from the last 2 weekends. Cleaned and ready. The Martin was a Fathers Day gift.

cast%20iron%20001_1.jpg

cast%20iron%20008.jpg

I picked up the little piggy yesterday. Lye has all ready removed all the paint. No other markings except for a 3 on the handle. Vollrath?
cast%20iron%20009_1.jpg

Thanks Bonnie. The BSR 8 didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The color is kind of splotchy. I think someone in the past used a wire wheel on a drill or something. I'm going to re-season it and see if I can even it out some more.

You may be right on the piggy. I guess I was just hoping for a Vollrath. It doesn't have the size number on the bottom as I've seen with others.

When I have a pice like that Bsr I let it rust and then goes to e tank for 2 days and good scrub with ss spool,after that no body notice the the wire week marks

What's the deal with the top left skillet, looks like an unmarked Griswold (copy?)

I really have no other explanation other than a copy. Doug D also suggested a Griswold on another thread.http://www.castironcollector.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2322
I didn't see it at first, I was comparing it to our LB 7 Griswold. The handle is different.
gris%20copy%20002.jpg

Then I looked at our LB #9, handles very close.
gris%20copy%20005.jpg

This mystery skillet has the weight of a lodge and is smaller than the LB #7 Griswold. The seller was asking $15 each or 2 for 20. I all ready grabbed the BSR so I was left to choose between this mystery skillet or one marked "Made in Mexico".

gris%20copy%20003.jpg

On a side note, why are the handles different on my two LB Griswolds?

Unless you have the luxury of having a dozen or more of the same size and type Griswold skillet together at the same time, you aren't likely to notice the minor variations in marking sizes and placement, and in other things like the handles, from one pattern to another.

Back