Auction, Antique Shop & YD Sale Eye Candy

Jeffrey R.

Eye candy from this past weekend Maine & NH gave up some nice Griswold's and one early spider from a YD sale. All but 3 at the bottom had been cleaned, and had one coat of some kind of seasoning.

At the auction there was a lot of interest in the cast iron. I am thinking that was because most all the pieces had been cleaned by the past owner / collector, shiny + $$. It worked a #12 Griswold sold for $305.00, that had a pitted and bowed cooking surface. No, that was not the one that I came home with, they had 2 #12s.

auction%25252C6%25252C13.15_0735.jpg

auction%25252C6%25252C13.15_0736.jpg

auction%25252C6%25252C13.15_0737.jpg

auction%25252C6%25252C13.15_0738.jpg

auction%25252C6%25252C13.15_0739.jpg

Wow, nice haul! I think I need to pick up one of those single burner stoves now...

That single burner will look nice next to my double Griswold burner. I never saw one with chrome legs.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

That is a nice score Jeffery. That 12 is a beauty. Is that double skillet lid sitting on the right bottom part?

The right numbers for this set.

:bow:

Nice work! This is the kind of haul that hard work, research and lots of driving gets you. I'm too lazy to drive that much. I fall asleep at the wheel. :tongue:

Now, let's talk about that square skillet goody buddy, ol' pal, my friend, Mi Amigo..

:bow:

Nice work! This is the kind of haul that hard work, research and lots of driving gets you. I'm too lazy to drive that much. I fall asleep at the wheel. :tongue:

Now, let's talk about that square skillet goody buddy, ol' pal, my friend,
Mi Amigo..

Perdón. No hablo español:icon_rofl:

I turned my laptop upside down to try to read the bottom of that wood handled pan. I still can't figure it out.

Your eyes tired yet? Heck they must at least be watering by now looking at all the eye candy. You should have seen mine when I saw the auction listing 2 months ago. I had to lift them up off my key board. The auctioneer gave me a heads up at the last auction he had in March. :big grin:

That was good Doug D.

Jeffrey R, I think you have the home court advantage when it comes to finding iron. Not to many foundries made it out west. You sure do come up with a lot of cool eye candy.
Thanks DougD for the info on the wood handled pan. I don't see any of those except made in Taiwan.

S.P. & Co. PHIL'A. 5 pts.

Doug D., Another question for you, as I know that some here will like to know its use. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Jeffrey R, I think you have the home court advantage when it comes to finding iron. Not to many foundries made it out west. You sure do come up with a lot of cool eye candy.
Thanks DougD for the info on the wood handled pan. I don't see any of those except made in Taiwan.

You do make a good point. RickC hit it on the head; "This is the kind of haul that hard work, research and lots of driving gets you"

For me the research starts about a month before an auction. On the phone with the auctioneer, e-mailing me photos the good stuff.
The driving, well it is only miles one at a time.
The Hard Work, well if you like what you do it is not hard work at all. That is the way I have lived my life.
The people you meet and the places you get to go to are part of the reward.

This auction was in NH, but we had to drive into to Maine and back into NH for us to get there fastest. It was one of the most beautiful farm locations that we had been to, in the White Mts.

Mi Amigo, Un montón de dólar.
Ah heck I am in over my head now.:oops:

Hahaha... In SoCal. Spanish is almost a required second language.

Yeah, I've already laid out a ton of money this month for iron, and waiting for a small ton to come back to me for a rare piece that arrived broken. Our monthly Yard Sale weekend is this weekend though. I'll be inquiring about old "dirty", "heavy" "rusted" iron that they may want to "get rid of". :)

Seriously though Jeffrey, nice job on getting those pieces.

Look on eBay for Marietta,yuo see those with out wood handle

Jeffrey R, I think you have the home court advantage when it comes to finding iron. Not to many foundries made it out west.

I'm in California. The advantage we do have on the West Side is, dry weather. Rust hates dry weather. You are right though, the really rare pieces are pretty hard to come by just randomly out here. I've had fairly good luck at a few spots, they seem to price fairly. But like anything, the other places price waaay too high.

Back