#10 Favorite Piqua skillet with Erie Ghostmark

StephenS

I just cleaned this recent acquisition and after the first seasoning it appears to me to have subtle remnant of ERIE ghost mark. Unfortunately, my pics don't capture much, I have to move the pan side to side to catch the shallow marks.

The 2nd image has the best look at the R above the A and V(of FAVORITE), the I is above the R (of FAVORITE). I don't see any italics marks around the ERIE.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

I may have something wrong with me, but I love seeing ghost marks, copies, fakes, etc...

Not modern B.S. but stuff that was made way back when, and the company that was making the fakes wasn't sued into oblivion like it would be now.

I love the odd pieces.

It amazes me that something seemingly as simple as a skillet would be copied, counterfeited, faked, and NEVER done as good as the original.

I see fake Griswolds' fake Wapak Indian head skillets, etc. all the time, and they do a really bad job of it. Hell, people counterfeit money and do a believable job. How can you screw up something as simple as a skillet?!

Ok, I'm done ranting.

I will say though that the Favorite pieces I own have been top notch quality. :icon_thumbsup:

Back