Help Identifying Unknown Lid

JD_Miller

Visited my brother on Christmas and he showed me this large cast iron lid they've had for years. He's never been able to find anything it would fit.

I tried doing some searches and it seems like it is an odd size for cast iron. No identifying marks to go on either. I'm hoping the size may narrow done some possibilities. Anyone seen anything like this before?

https://imgur.com/a/hhlWa

Looks Asian , I have 2 with same dimensions I bought like 15 years ago on clearance,I paid less than $3dlls with tax,no body wants to buy them and I got 2 thinking I will find a Do with out lid,and still I have 2 extra lids15 years later,I start using one upside down over camp fire as a griddle works perfect, as a griddle or skillet,it is like 1/4 inch bigger than my 14 sk lodge,

Looks Asian , I have 2 with same dimensions I bought like 15 years ago on clearance,I paid less than $3dlls with tax,no body wants to buy them and I got 2 thinking I will find a Do with out lid,and still I have 2 extra lids15 years later,I start using one upside down over camp fire as a griddle works perfect, as a griddle or skillet,it is like 1/4 inch bigger than my 14 sk lodge,

Thanks Edgar, I had not considered the lid being foreign. I did some googling and it does bear a strong resemblance to Asian cauldron lids. I passed your reply onto my brother and told him to start frying up a lot of bacon. Lol!

Back