Dutch Babies

Thanks for sharing - that looks really good. Alton Brown also did a good eats episode (popover sometime) that I liked.

I am definitely going to be trying it this weekend (my wife loves Dutch babies)!

Who needs to look for recipes ideas on line. Every time I turn around I find a new one here, and I'm a few behind now :) that dose look good and another one to put on my to try list.

Thanks. I also used (stole) one of Alton's ideas and added a dash of vanilla extract to the batter. Turned out great and I highly recommend it.

Thanks. I also used (stole) one of Alton's ideas and added a dash of vanilla extract to the batter. Turned out great and I highly recommend it.

Alton's Dutch Baby recipe is one of my favorites to use on newly seasoned skillets. What's not to love about preheating a pan with lots of butter and then have the batter seemingly float on top of it when you pour it in? Its of the few things I can make a lot of and never have any leftovers.

Generally speaking, my wife and I have been adding a bit of bourbon to batters lately, and it's quite delicious, assuming you like bourbon. Pancakes, french toast, waffles...about a Tbsp or so of bourbon adds a nice flavor that we like. YMMV.

You can also substitute Cognac for the Vanilla. It's very expensive but considering the small amount it takes for a recipe it's not bad. I bought a travel size bottle to give my cheesecake a little kick.

Back