shrimp paella with peas and roasted peppers

Eric, Thank you for the recipe! It was delicious!

Jack, thanks for the idea about adding some speckled trout!

Mine doesn't look pretty, but it sure was good!

DQpVhsP.jpg

Zx67JYW.jpg

Those all looked good guys. I always like a good rice dish. Any of you ever had or tried sticky rice? It's always served with a Thai dish called "larb" sounds like ( lop ) the beef is my favorite then chicken. Is also done with pork or duck.

Those all looked good guys. I always like a good rice dish. Any of you ever had or tried sticky rice? It's always served with a Thai dish called "larb" sounds like ( lop ) the beef is my favorite then chicken. Is also done with pork or duck.
Right, larb is a kind of Thai meat salad that is typically served with sticky rice. I did a pork larb last spring but with green beans instead of sticky rice. I haven't cooked sticky rice myself but have eaten it with some Chinese dishes, typically dim sum.

Here's a pic of the larb I did back then...

Looked good Eric, and yes I'll also eat pork Larb. My sister inlaw's mom's Larb is better than I can order out for. And One Thai market is closed to hers. As far as sticky rice goes, stop at a oriental market and get a steamer basket and pot. They are both cheap. Get the right rice, rinse 3-4 times or near clear and soak with water a couple inches over the top for minimum 4 hours up to 6 or more. You kinda need to plan ahead. Poor in basket set over boiling pot with any size lid cover for 12-15 minutes remove cover lid and flip rice. Cook 10-12 minutes No need for cover. Spritz with tiny bit of water and Flake with fork. Here is what you need.

I like mine in romaine leaves and on the spicy side, got to have some fresh little Thai chilies and fish sauce and cucumber slices on the side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 14
Back