ERIE #9 Find

MDFraley

Was at the swap meet yesterday and picked up this jewel for a mire $5. Got to say it has been the best find in a long time. It's an ERIE second series with a makers mark. Currently in the lye tank so it will be some time before finished pics will be posted. Sits flat, no cracks, no warpage so it's definitely a keeper. The seller had it sitting in a box of stuff that looked like trash. When ask what he was asking for it my jaw almost hit the ground. I also found a Martin Stove and Range #11 Country Skillet as shown on p.208 of the RB. It's currently in the vinegar/water tank getting de-rusted.
https://imgur.com/ghzSCvE

The Martin was from a different dealer. It had lots of rust, not the pitting type, but will require more time for cleaning. Probably will post them later on.

M,

My #9 first series is my favorite skillet. I thought the $35 I paid for her was a good deal. You really got a good buy. Congrats.

Be careful she heats up very fast. Unfortunately, I have a smooth top electric. I warm her up on #3 for 3 minutes or so and she's ready. If you go to long or too fast with the heat, it might warp on you.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Back