lodge single notch

John C.

last week at a flea market I purchased a #3 single notch lodge that is hammered and plated. was this common for lodge at this time. anyone know. thanks

Hard to say. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a chromed Lodge piece that wasn't hammered. There was a chromed hammered DO on eBay a while back, appeared to be 1940-50s vintage, which is a little later than the single notch period.

thanks a lot for the quick reply doug.i have about 65 pieces of iron but had not saw one of these before. cannot post pictures. john

I just figured out why your posts were being held for approval and fixed it. The other registered user so far, Mary, was the one who sold the hammered chromed DO. Maybe she's seen some other pieces and can chime in. I've been at this a few years now, and most of the chromed or nickeled pieces I've run across have been Wagner or Griswold.

I have unlimited bandwidth here, but not unlimited space, so I haven't enabled uploading photos to this server. Maybe with some size restrictions I can do something. I put up another post about how you can upload photos to your own photo hosting account, like Picasa or flickr, and then link to them here. There's also a slideshow with some recent pieces I've found there as an example.

Back