Saturday yard sale find!!

Got lucky this morning. Went to a yard sale, saw no CI, asked if he had any to sell and he said "got a bunch in the shed that are kinda dirty. Can have them all for $50 if you really want them." Uhhh...yeah. Just have a lot of clean-up ahead!!

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 246
Nice score. I would be especially excited to find that many lids. I think lids are way harder to come across.

Thanks Shawn!! No guilt here. Anyone who let's cast iron get to the state that I found it in doesn't deserve to have it! Or maybe that's just me justifying my steal!!

Jeffrey, it rains here but it evaporates so quickly that it doesn't get a chance to do a lot of damage. We get flash floods and flash rust. :-D
Rick Hunter, I like that big ole' 14 lid in the back. I would take that off your hands "as is" for 5$ :icon_rofl:

Nice Score Rick. Now the work starts. Hey I though thet metal never rust in AZ?:covri:

Haha. It usually doesn't Jeff. But when someone leaves cast iron in the yard....and it gets exposed to the 10 days of rain we have per year....rust happens. As Bonnie said, the water drys up fast here and does not do the damage more humid climates cause to Iron!!

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Jeffrey, it rains here but it evaporates so quickly that it doesn't get a chance to do a lot of damage. We get flash floods and flash rust. :-D
Rick Hunter, I like that big ole' 14 lid in the back. I would take that off your hands "as is" for 5$ :icon_rofl:

Done deal!! :chuckle:

Nice find! Whenever I ask a yard sale guy if he has any CI he says "Yep. In my kitchen. Use it every day!"

We have tried the yard sales a few weekends. Searched the paper and craigslist, found the ones that looked promising and planned a route. Always just seams to be cloths and useless junk. It's just not our thing. We will stop if passing one while out but just don't plan a weekend morning around them.

Holy cow, Rick! $50 for all of that? I've pretty much thought that yard sales were not the way to go, but may have to rethink that! Have you done an inventory on your find yet? I'd love to see what you got there.

Back