small square griswold egg skillet

LarryB

Until today I had never seen a small (four inch x 4 inch) cast iron skillet. I flipped it over and saw it was a griswold. This was in very nice condition and seasoned but not for sale. My question is how much are they going for now? When were they made?

Last edited:
There are two small square Griswold skillets, a toy one with the handle attached to a flat side, and a "square egg" (sometimes seen marked "squar egg") skillet with the handle at a corner. The latter were made with two different pattern numbers, although they appear for the most part identical otherwise. The p/n 53 (according to the BB) is from the 1960s; the p/n 129 would also be somewhere in the vicinity of the 1940s-60s by its "late" handle design and small block logo. The BB values the toy at $150-200, the square egg at $35-50. Those might both be a little high, IMO.

Doug,Thank you for the information, I do not remember wht the number was. but the skillet was marked square egg skillet and it does have a handle on the corner,it is really cool. Maybe my grand daughter would use it with me managing the endeavor.
Once again thank you so much.
Larry

Back