No idea who made waffle iron

RonnB

Can anyone tell me who made this waffle iron and what it is worth. Haven't seen it just these photos and I don't know what to offer.

Image Image Image

I have one of these marked 7-8 and one marked 8-9. I have never found any info on who made them.I paid 8 dollars for the smaller one and 18 for the larger but I do see them priced higher.Both of mine cleaned up well and I have used them.Be sure and check the hinge area for cracks.

These are common early waffle irons and may have come in different variations, probably from different makers. I don't know how one would id the maker since catalogs of the time usually had illustrations or simple photos that might not show enough of the details to match up to an actual piece. One might compare the handle on the waffle frame to an early skillet with the same style but even the early skillets, when unmarked, are about impossible to identify the maker.

Thanks all. I know that these are hard to find a makers name. I was hoping that with the unusual pattern of the interior would have helped. I went through the books and didn't see any that looked like this one

Seems like these should have originally came with some type of lifter to open and close the paddles when hot.I know it gets kinda tricky with only a pot holder.Maybe something like a stove eye lifter.Anyone have any idea?

I've seen older irons like this with handles attached at the hinge for opening and closing. Also some with a wire bail and handle contraption which attaches at both the hinge and that nub.

Back