Amazon Shopping & CIC

Doug D.

Administrator
Staff member
The New Year brought some good and bad news re: Amazon & CIC. The good news is that Amazon links on the site once again generate referrals to help keep the lights on. The bad news is that it only happened because Amazon now collects sales tax on purchases made by residents of my state. Unfortunately, they couldn't simply turn the CIC account back on; a new one had to be started and new affiliate tags created. So...

If you favorited or bookmarked the link before, it will need to be updated to:

Code:
See post #4 below...

Remember, it doesn't cost any more to purchase through Amazon using an affiliate link. If you can, please use this one* whenever you shop Amazon.

Thanks.

*Any direct Amazon product links on the main site or forum will already have the CIC tag.

Thanks Doug. I'm thinking about buying the blue book. I'll make sure I buy it through the Amazon link from here.

That is good news. Am I correct in assuming that any shopping I do on Amazon using this link helps the website? I wish it would have happened before I did my Christmas shopping. Santa/Amazon brought the grandkids a jungle gym.

That is true. How it works is explained on the Shopping page.

There is an update: Amazon, for some unfathomable reason, rejected my new application.

Get this:

Thank you for applying for the Associate program. Upon review, we are unable to accept your application. A part of our criteria is that your site has to be established with enough unique content. We rejected your application due to one or more of the following reasons.

- Lack of content which is original to your site and beneficial to your visitors
- Pages that are mainly empty when advertisement content is removed

Unfortunately, we arent able to review an application once its been rejected. If your website has been further developed and now contains appropriate content, youre welcome to submit another application by using the following URL

I really don't know what site they were looking at. Plus, they only review new applications after a purchase has been made using the link, so the first few referrals went poof. The affiliate tag also cannot be reused, even from a rejected application. So, there is a new link to bookmark:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/cicollector-20

That is correct. The link only sets a browser cookie with the affiliate link so that any purchases during that shopping session will generate a referral. For a curated selection of CI related products see the shopping link in the navigation bar above. A complete explanation can be found at the bottom of that page.

Back