Grilled Doughnuts

W. Hilditch

Well, it is National Doughnut Day! A grilled doughnut is as close as one can get to still hot.
It is not too late.

Hilditch

If ya got the coffee on, fix a few more and I'll be right over in a few! :glutton: :grin:

Was it jelly filled? Trying to figure out why such a big skillet....I would have used one of my #2's or size 0 which would be about the right size for an enlarged doughnut. Looks good but I would have to have more than one.
My old biscuit cutter has the inner insert that can be used to cut doughnuts as well as biscuits. What's your dough mix for making doughnuts?

The #5 was sitting on the stove. I've made my own a couple of times in the past but the work/pleasure ratio sent me back to the store. I don't make them now, just grill and enjoy. Yes, jelly filled & good.

First year in college the cook at the snack bar turned me onto a grilled honey bun and coffee brunch as I never got up early enough for breakfast. It stuck.

Hilditch

5 or 10 seconds in the microwave gets them hot, but even better is having Krispy Kreme within reasonable distance.

My mom would take the leftover doughnuts (actually ones she hid from me), slice them in half, butter them, and fry them in the cast iron skillet until they browned.

Back