Need some ID help.

KeithC

Hey gang, I could use some ID help on this one. I found a #12 today and I can't figure out what it is, other than maybe a pan produced by a smaller, regional foundry. The thing is, it looks like a BSR.

It has the inner heat ring.

Has the prototypical BSR handle that does not flatten out and forms what I call a "triangle" on the bottom of the handle.

Has the 12 on the bottom side at the 6 o'clock position but no other markings. It resembles a Red Mountain more than anything, but shouldn't be. It has nothing after the 12.

It also has very small, almost pointed, pour spouts. Overall, the pan has a rough cast to it. I'd hate to think that this is a fake, but at this point, I don't know what it is. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• photoY28S2UYB.jpg
    photoY28S2UYB.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 54
  • photoLU09ECF8.jpg
    photoLU09ECF8.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 45
  • photo (30).jpg
    photo (30).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 42
It does, but I'm not seeing some of the markings I think I should be David. That's what bothers me.

Hey gang, I could use some ID help on this one. I found a #12 today and I can't figure out what it is, other than maybe a pan produced by a smaller, regional foundry. The thing is, it looks like a BSR.

It has the inner heat ring.

Has the prototypical BSR handle that does not flatten out and forms what I call a "triangle" on the bottom of the handle.

Has the 12 on the bottom side at the 6 o'clock position but no other markings. It resembles a Red Mountain more than anything, but shouldn't be. It has nothing after the 12.

It also has very small, almost pointed, pour spouts. Overall, the pan has a rough cast to it. I'd hate to think that this is a fake, but at this point, I don't know what it is. Any thoughts?

It is bsr,I have one num 10 with that description,and I have a nun 14 identical of yours,so it's a good idea if you sell me yours to put together my set, is the only one I'm missing

Make me an offer. I did plan on restoring it and putting it on eBay but if it is not against site policy to sell here, we could talk about it.

Just le me know.

The transition to automation at BSR seems to have had a few hitches. The old style number coupled with the small pour spouts and thick lip likely puts this one around that time. I've seen a similar #14 on which one of the pour spouts was so poorly and aggressively ground in post-casting finishing as to make it pointed.

The forum should not be used for FS/FT/WTB postings.

Back