Griswold #4 LBL Before & After

Doug D.

Administrator
Staff member
Took a chance for under $20. No chips, no cracks, no pits. Sat flat before, but after cleaning has a little wobble. Likely made that way.

As found:
ImageImage
After 24 hours in lye bath:
ImageImage
Click any to enlarge.

Nlce looking 4 at a nlce price Doug.I have the 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 in LB.Still on the hunt for a 4.Don't see a 2 in my future.

I had just returned another identical #4 the seller had "overlooked" the warp on, describing it as "lays flat, no wobbles". I see they relisted it starting at $25 with the same description. Somebody bid it up to $99.

This one I decided to take the chance on at less than half the price of the first, knowing there might be a surprise under the crud. Worked out OK, I'd say.

Wow nice piece...I only have a 10 but I am just starting out. Where are the best places to find these wonderful pans, besides eBay...

SarahC said:
Wow nice piece...I only have a 10 but I am just starting out. Where are the best places to find these wonderful pans, besides eBay...
I've had my best luck at flea markets. But you have to check often, or develop a working relationship with a vendor to have them call you when they get something you might be interested in.

I live very close to one so I will start making more visits. I'm not having any luck at garage sales.
I need to buy these books every is telling me about.

Back