Little Dutch Ovens

M.Trainor

Hi everyone . I don't usually post in the cooking section , but I have a couple of questions .

I recently picked up a small Dutch oven . It measures 8" across and 4" deep and has a lid . I don't often find small ones like this . So before I sell it or give it away and regret it , I wanted to ask some opinions .

Do many of you have these small Dutch ovens ? Do you actually use them to cook with ? What do you find them the most suitable for ?

Thanking everyone in advance
Mike

That might be a nice size for a hot type cheese and artichoke dip for crackers and those little bread things. Or any oven type dip. Place on a trivet and a nice little ladle and your good to go. Or on one of the those little stands you can put a little Bunsen burners under it and keep it warm the whole evening.

Just one of my thoughts and Im sure after you give it some thought off and on you'll come up with a few good ones better than my dip idea.

I don't have one that size nor have I seen one in the wild. But a couple of things that popped into my mind. Cornish hens for two, chicken cordon bleu for two, cornbread. It may be the perfect size for frying egg rolls, a couple at the time.

Hey Mike, that sounds like a neat little pot. I bet you can find several uses for it, and really the bigger ones are much more common. Personally, I'd like to have a smaller pot such as yours!

Back