Got my Good Health DO finished

Shawn R

I picked up a painted Good Health DO a couple weeks ago. I will be putting this in place of the #8 Lodge DO that I'm selling to a coworker. The inside has some rough spots and some discoloration in the seasoning but should make a great user. Just wanted to share the finished product.

ALF1e5u.jpg

I've been busy cleaning and seasoning the last couple weeks. A couple of these I've redone for a coworker, some for me and some will find a new home.

Thanks Bonnie. I had it seasoned once and my wife used it to bake some chicken. Kind of made a mess so she scrubbed it good and told me that I should season it again. I didn't know she had wiped the cold lid with crisco, I put it in to season and it ran before I knew to wipe it off. That caused some dark runs in the bottom of the lid. Doesn't really matter to me because it's a user.

Thanks for removing that paint. I'm sure that someone thought they were being cute and crafty, but it doesn't belong! Did the lye bath remove the paint?

Shawn, That Dutch Oven with all the flower paint was really ugly. I liked the way way you cleaned it up. Really looks nice now, I guess the paint keeps the people that had it from using it. David

The DO did turn out very nice. Definitely better than the painted version. Lye took the paint off after a couple days. I could understand painting a damaged item for art, but not a good usable piece. I have a few pieces that have been saved from a painted prison.

Back