Another Hobby to Love

LeslieG

Hello all. I’m so happy to have found this group, and actually never thought there would be a cast iron forum. I spent some time on a knife forum, as I am a garage sale addict and love finding old kitchen items mostly that just need a little TLC to bring them back as good as new. I guess I genuinely like to clean up and restore items that were quality back in the day, made to last, and be passed along to next generation.

Lately I’ve been needing a good non-stick skillet and was not happy with my current selection of Silverstone type skillets. One thing led to another, and I discovered on YouTube etc that cast iron is non-stick when properly seasoned. Who knew??!! Not me! I have dug out a few pieces of my old cast iron (Lodge and Griswold) and just love cooking with them more lately now that I know they are more versatile than previously realized. It also never occurred to me that they could be cleaned up and made so beautiful, and so I am here to learn how to remove the uglies and create a mirror finish if possible. This forum is full of great info and look forward to learning from all of the knowledgeable contributors.

Back