Hey There from South Florida

SteveL

Just checking in and saying "Hi". I'd like to thank you Doug D for putting together such an informative site. Both a friend that has started buying CI to add to her own pieces and I have been enjoying reading and especially learning from these pages. I have a few pieces that have been family items for quite a long time (#8 Wag Stylized, Smooth, #5 Griswold Small Logo, Block, Smooth, #3 Griswold Large Logo, Slant, Smooth). Family items also include a #7 griddle which I'd like to identify (gate mark on bottom) and a 6 cup open frame Turk Head muffin pan (also with gate marks on bottom). I'll do a different thread in the appropriate section for that though. I've been buying CI at Yard Sales, Thrift Shops and off Craigslist for a short time (burned a couple times but live & learn, right?). I have built an electrolysis tank for rust removal and it works fantastic!! Keep it on screened in porch with ceiling fan above. Anyways, thanks again for all the great info here and for allowing me to join your community.

Steve

Hey Doug, I hadn't had that skillet out in years and was going by memory. Pulled it out to take the pic you requested and upon closer inspection it's not a smooth bottom. Just so much gunk on the bottom you can barely see the heat ring. Looks like that one will be soaking for a long time...maybe a "2 canner" of oven cleaner. Sorry for the mix up.

Steve

Back