D R Sperry 9-10 skillet

TonyR

Hi
I have a D R Sperry 9-10 skillet. One spout. Has a gate mark on the bottom as well as a raised star. Any idea of the age and value? My nephew needs a skillet as he is moving away to college and I was thinking of giving him this one, but not if it's value is prohibitive.
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• IMG_2784.jpg
    IMG_2784.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2785.jpg
    IMG_2785.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2783.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 56
LOL. I guess that answer's that question.
Any idea of value?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Or of its age?

No idea but yeah, new lodge. My GF's kid has been eyeballing my cast, he managed to squirrel a newer 10 inch lodge from me. He loves it.

Homework time. There is a search box on the top of this page and info on gate marks and the mfg. on this site.

Hilditch

With so much old iron out there, why give someone the hernia associated with a new Lodge skillet?

I don't have any problem with the new Lodge other than the weight.

I love being able to flip eggs or hash browns in a #9 Skillet without spraining my wrist.

Go out to the antique stores and find a nice $10 - $20 no name that will turn out smooth as silk after cleaning and weighs about 1/2 what a new Lodge does.

Especially if he is going to be sharing a kitchen. I second the idea of getting them a lower cost unmarked Wagner, Lodge, or the like.

Back