Another newbie

MattK

Went to my neighbors house this morning to "borrow" some coffee since we were out. Let's be honest, they don't want it back.
Turns out they are having a yard sale and are selling a bunch of stuff for their parents. I noticed a cast iron skillet and and asked how much.
When she said $3, I said I'd be right back with the money. I took the skillet with me. Lol.

It is a Lodge 10Sk. The heat ring is not protruding and is what I guess is called inset. It looks like a groove instead.

To be honest, I don't care what the value of it is, if any. I am just curious if this was/is common for certain years of production and if it is a newer or older piece.

I need to start looking to get more now and add to my 1 piece collection so I can hopefully use CI regularly and get enough to display them.

Welcome to the site,and you skillet is post 1960 non collectable,but good user,thick and heavy,it is a good size for bb or big family.

What I was guessing and while it would have been nice if it was a collectible or valuable, for 3 bucks I didn't care.

Thanks for the reply.

If the heat ring is recessed and the trademark is in bas relief in a circle in the center of the bottom, it's post-1993. As noted, it falls outside the realm of collectibles, but you'll get plenty of good use out of it.

Back