Some New Stuff from a Local Saturday Morning Auction

D_Madden

odd little auction... maybe 30 or 35 pieces of iron... most of it looked like it had been sitting in a garage for decades unused. some really old pieces and some newer pieces, some marked and some not... the only items that generated much bidding at all were the small logo griswolds... I got all of these for an avg of about $10 each.

https://imgur.com/gallery/TdrKVuw

I think I got the block 'wagner' #9 dutch oven for $15... flat and smooth... a gate marked scotch bowl, the favorite is either a flat bottom kettle or just a deep dutch oven... will have some pitting but not bad... the arc marked lodge DO lid was like $5 (no one wanted it because it said 'lodge') some of these the sold together.. the #8 with the raised size was probably an arc logo lodge, but the bottom is pitted and it has a big crack near one spout... so the put it with the #10 wagner with heat ring and sold them together for like $10. the single griswold waffle iron paddle is interesting... the markings remind me of the 'artistic' 4th series erie markings... and the first acorn hinge that I've ever run across.
and I bought the older flop waffle iron because of the pattern.

Nice haul and a great price. It's funny how everyone will probably overpay for a piece that SAYS Griswold, but they don't know anything about the other makers. A few of those pieces you know would have sold for more.

That is some nice stuff! I do not have a lid for my Lodge 8. Liking that. I never get a haul like that. Congrats

I finished up most of them... forgot to post a follow up pic.. .the wagner dutch oven and the #10 heat ring skillet cleaned up nicely... there were two griddles, one unmarked wagner (with swirls) and an older somewhat fancy handle with a raised size... both cleaned up well... and another one of those #7 single spouts... I think there are several people here who have the same one.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hiMqbtY

Back