Right Handed Cooks Look Here

Jeffrey R.

Griswold was not the only one that made nice skillets. This is a Real Beauty, I think a keeper. It will hang with my Griswold's, real proud.

Single pour spout
Light weight for its size, thin.
Heat ring
Reinforced lip.
Reinforced Handle

Note: The handle style is somewhat similar to other iron we have seen on the forum.

Only marks are the numbers 9 & 8, also the letters P & W

No info on the P&W company? Pratt and Whitney? They did a lot of cast iron work in the 1800s

2 photos to the right;
https://picasaweb.google.com/114772661409714296598/JeffreyR#6076094215604286658

You East Coast guys make me envious. I look hard to find anything other than Lodge, BSR and a little WWSO. When my son gets out of high school I'm going to tour the East Coast in a pick up with a trailer, and try to find some of those easy pickin's you lucky ones come up with.

I just went to an antique shop today and they had around 45 cast iron DO and skillets. Only 2 cane home with me, the rest were spinners.:icon_rofl:

Not all good, just need to know what to look for.

You East Coast guys make me envious. I look hard to find anything other than Lodge, BSR and a little WWSO. When my son gets out of high school I'm going to tour the East Coast in a pick up with a trailer, and try to find some of those easy pickin's you lucky ones come up with.

It is not all easy, a lot of behind the scene work that gets the iron, Hint estates before the estate sale. Now that is pick-in. :eek:

RickC said:
There aren't any barns left here for the "Barn Finds"

I do not get to much cast iron from barns, mostly a lot of other antiques.

I do not get to much cast iron from barns, mostly a lot of other antiques.

Talked to a guy today while at work who lives in Erie, PA. I mentioned my addiction, he said that around those parts, the prices for Griswold cast iron has fallen through the floor, and there's pretty much a glut. I'm thinking everyone there who wants it, already has it. I'm too poor for a road trip in a U-Haul truck, but heads up to anyone else near there.

Back