Identifying Source of Unmarked Aebelskiver

ChrisM

Like you, I enjoy the sleuthing to try to identify the origins of older CI cookware. Here is my most recent mystery. I actually have several pieces that share this somewhat distinctive, ornate handle design. I'm hoping some will say "Oh, everybody knows that is from the ____ foundry..." I'm still learning... Thanks in advance!
Additions: ornate "7" on handle, raised "P" on underside, and about 8.25" across outside edges of "cups" (it would need at least 8.25" to recess into wood stove opening and still sit flat on stovetop)
3 pics attached

Attachments

• Handle.jpg
    Handle.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21
  • A-Pan Top.jpg
    A-Pan Top.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
  • A-Pan-Bottom.jpg
    A-Pan-Bottom.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 23
Older, unmarked, bottom-gated/sprue-marked pieces are not usually identifiable as to maker. And makers who did mark their products were not typically so subtle about it as to only use a single letter. Some characteristics like stylized handles and bold, ornate fonts for size numbers and molders marks give a clue as to age, but that's about it. There doesn't seem to have been a widespread practice pre-1900 of makers producing unmarked pieces alongside their marked goods. Copying was also prevalent, so a piece that looks substantially identical to another marked piece may not necessarily be from the same foundry.

Back