Griswold #14 Bailed Handle Skillet

MDFraley

Was just wondering if anyone can verify if the Bailed #14 Griswold Skillet had a cover (lid) and if so did it just have the single "lid lip" at the 12 o'clock pour spout position? The BB doesn't specify if it did or did not have a cover. Since I have both the #14 bailed skillet and the regular #14 w/ lid I thought it may work for both of them.
Thanks in advance.

The 1932 catalog shows the #14 bailed skillet, but no cover. It is on a page that includes other specialty skillets with their covers.

There is one on Ebay right now for sale, both the skillet and cover....starting bid is 999.00......thats awesome you have 2 of them. I LOVE large skillets.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

sorry to post again, but the seller on ebay has painted the cover black, and there is a groove missing for "ventilation"....still cool to see it, but thats outta my range.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Its been a LONG day....that listing is for a #14 skillet, but no bail, sorry for the posts.

No apologies necessary. Was just getting ready to say for a bailed #14 Griswold the $999 price would be a bargain. I was VERY lucky to walk away with the one I found and it was more than $999 lol.

I can imagine, with the rarity of nice #14s, and a cover.....oh, and with large skillets you gotta pay to play.

Back