Unusual Cast Iron Frog

CarrieWalthall

I'm new to the Forum - I love vintage cast iron animals and trivets. I recently found this unusual frog marked with an imprinted GILES on the bottom and this unusual hole all the way through the middle. Any info??? It's about 4 inches long.

Attachments

• frog 3.jpg
    frog 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Unfortunately, the primary (and pretty much sole) focus here is on cast iron cookware, as noted in the banner and title above. Although some of the manufacturers of vintage cast iron cookware did make cast iron trivets and pup paperweights which are considered collectibles. But I'm afraid frogs and other figurines not produced by cookware makers fall outside the wheelhouse of the site and forum.

I have a cast iron beetle...lol....no clue why I like it, but I do. Im not even sure its a beetle, but its an ugly bug.

Attachments

• CI Bug.jpg
    CI Bug.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 18
I have a cast iron beetle...lol....no clue why I like it, but I do. Im not even sure its a beetle, but its an ugly bug.

It's a boot jack. Anchored to the floor and you hook the heel of your boot in the antenna and pull your boot off. I've had several of these. Use one now as a door stop in my shed, lol.

Re: the 'bug' we had one of these growing up. In a snowy climate, these are awesome. If you don't want to mount to the floor, you just step on the back of it with your off foot.

Thanks for the post. I guess you could just step on it, and take the other boot off. I live in PA, so we get the snow, lol...

Back