Help Identifying These Cast Iron Pans!!!

Some people say these might be made by Renfrow but there is nothing to prove that. They are nice looking pans in my opinion and a nice find.

Thanks, Bonnie. That actually is a big help. You're right, I can't find anything linking them to Renfrow, but I do get a lot more search returns for this set when I add that into the search. I'll keep digging, though! Thanks!

I think someone posted a pic of a similar dutch oven on reddit/r/castiron a few months ago... I had never seen one before and I don't think anyone else came up with any plausible ideas for a maker or time period. very unusual... you would think something as distinctive as that design would be easier to find info about.

I love them. Do you still have them? I have the DO and lid. I know another person here local to me that also has that she's had for at least 40 years. I've never seen the full set. Great to know what exists out there. I have a request. Could you please post a picture of the bottom of the DO so I can compare to a few other pieces? I'm looking for evidence of a bellybutton like indent in the center, which could indicate a recast type process, which would also explain the slightly smaller size than #8 DOs from other makers. BSR is my suspect for the pattern they used to make the recast molds, but without the pourspouts. A measurement of the diameter of the lip, and the bottom, and the height would all be awesome too. Like I said I'm compiling data to at least try to determine what other pieces might have been made at the same foundry....if not where.

Attachments

• RibbonDOsecured.jpg
    RibbonDOsecured.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 8
Back