This Weekends Treasures

Wow! I would say you had a great weekend, and its not over yet.....they both are in good shape.

I used to hunt in GA, TN, FL. Have moved out west now. Will you share where you are hunting? You are finding some good stuff!

Its really hit and miss but flea markets seem to be the best as most people just setup outside and don't have inside booths and the payment that goes along with them. They usually setup on a table or lay there stuff on the ground around there truck. I've found I can deal with them better. Estate sales probably second for me. I wanna hit some garage sales next year as its getting closer to winter and they have seemed to dry up. I don't mind sharing as people on here gave me idea's as well.

They wanted $50 for the dutch oven and I got them down to $35 and they wanted $45 for the ERIE skillet and Got them down to $20. I usually bring a small mirror "thats like a glass top stove" with me and a 6" scale so I can check if the pan is warped. The ERIE had some buildup on the bottom which made look like it was slightly warped so that's why they let it go for 20 bucks. After cleaning in the lye tank all that buildup is now gone and it sits flat and isn't warped :)

Hope this helps...

Back