ID for Un-named Cast Iron

C Donnell

I have a hand-me-down skillet with an incised 8 on the handle and a V underneath that. The skillet is fairly heavy. There is a heat ring. The cooking surface is very smooth. Does anyone know if it may be from a small American foundry or possibly foreign manufacture?

C,

A picture of the entire top and entire bottom would be helpful. Just check the How to post pictures instructions that is the first post in this section.

like this: (turn head sideways) oo >

I've seen pictures of pans with that size marking, but don't know for sure who made them.

Thanks for responding. You nailed the description. The skillet still needs cleaning to make sure there are no additional marks on the bottom, but I don't think there are any additional marks. It should be a good user, but it is always nice to know where it came from if possible. The handle is slightly pointed which is different than a lot of skillets. This may be one of those skillets that just can't be identified.
Cliff

I was going to wait for it to get a little warmer before I gave it a lye bath, but if I take a picture it will give a better look at the bottom if it is clean. So, to the lye bath it goes. And, It will give me time to figure out how to post a picture. I appreciate the links. That handle is exactly like the one I have.
Cliff

Back