Healthy Disk for Seasoning

From the maker:
This product is for those people that have multiple pieces of cast iron that aren't used daily. If you have 1 or 2 skillets that you use regularly, store them in your oven or on your stovetop. Save your money and use Pam, crisco or any oil you have on hand to keep them seasoned.

Save your money!

We cater to collectors and those that restore iron for a living or major hobby. One coat of Healthydisk.org will provide a nice shine and protective surface that will last for years.
Far cheaper than the multiple layers of Pam baked on at 500 degrees!
A bit self-contradictory as to what's cheaper. If it's just for looks and long term storage without use, seems like mineral oil would be the simplest way to go.

Re: Healthy Disk for Seasoning UPDATE

So I decided to go ahead and give this a try, I was impressed with the ingredients so I thought - what the heck. I used EZ Off on two pans last weekend and after a few go rounds they were ready to be seasoned. Normally I do at least two seasonings with Crisco before I start to use the pans, but I decided to just do one with the Healthy Disk and see how it went. I was really impressed. My kids used them the same day for cooking and they were super easy to clean up. I think I'm going to stick with it. I attach two pics of the pans after seasoning once with Healthy Disk. I imagine if you do a lot of stripping and re-seasoning, it could get expensive, but for my limited use, I like it!

Image Image

I am sorry I cannot seem to correctly post links. I tried to cancel my post but obviously didn’t do that right either!

It sounds like a new play off of Crisbee a combo Crisco / beeswax puck. I played around with Crisbee finally making my own. I had some success with my version of knock off Crisbee. But I echo the comments of others if it is show piece never intended for use a mineral oil coat is the way to go.

Personally I prefer to season all my iron with the intention of use, but it is time consuming.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but does that mean I shouldn't use this for pans I intend to use? I'm a little confused. The ingredients are canola oil, coconut oil, beeswax. Thanks again for all the help!

I quoted the maker's FB page verbiage in post #2 above. Seems the intent is for cosmetic appearance and long-term storage purportedly without rancidity.

Considering beeswax isn't used for heated cooking, I'm not sure why it would be something to season a user pan with.

Back