Hudson Cream

MDFraley

Back in June of last year E.C. Price did a thread on Martha White which I found interesting.
Thought I would share a link regarding one of the best flour/corn meal products I've found most rewarding. My brother-in-law uses the Hudson Cream Flour to make his home made biscuits going on about 40 years now and swears there's none better.
I can't find it here in the stores around Houston so every time I visit home in Kentucky I bring back multiple bags of flour and corn meal and store it in the frig.
It may or may not be available where you live and if it is I suggest giving it a try.
Here's the link so click on the history and enjoy some good reading.
http://www.hudsoncream.com/

Michael,
They have a mail order form on their website. Shipping isn't cheap but much easier than visiting KY.

Jack

I use King Arthur flour but after reading the history, etc. of Hudson Cream I’d put money on a side by side test coming out inconclusive as to who was who. King Arthur uses multiple mills but I’d also bet one of them is Stafford County. The right wheat and consistent high quality seem to be shared by both brands with KA advertising a slight advantage in protein (gluten) in their unbleached all-purpose flour. But hey….. I don’t live in Hudson Cream land either.

My biscuits still like the White Lily soft winter wheat more better.

Hilditch

Michael,
They have a mail order form on their website. Shipping isn't cheap but much easier than visiting KY.

Jack

I know that....but....I wouldn't be able to antique as much on line as I am driving to Ky. Plus....I don't do enough baking to justify much of on line shopping. Make a little corn bread...little gravy now and then and occasional sweets of some sort and that's about it.

Back