Migas

MDFraley

Anyone living in the SW US probably know what Migas are but if not you may want to try making them. There are several recipes that can be used so best thing to do is google them and choose the one of your liking. I used cilantro, onions, bell pepper (green), tomatoes (peeled), corn tortillas, and of course eggs. Harder to make for just one so if you have two or more people to cook for the better it is.
Attached is a picture of my todays breakfast but you can make them for any meal.
Good luck.

How are they or is it served?

I could deal with that in a rolled flour tortilla topped with cheese sauce.

Hilditch

Last edited:
How are they or is it served?

I could deal with that in a rolled flour tortilla topped with cheese sauce.

Hilditch

As with any dish preparation to one's taste, will determine whether you do or do not like it. I personally would not mix corn tortilla's with flour tortilla's but if that's what you desire then go for it. To me....The key is to fry the corn tortilla to a semi-hard state before adding your eggs. The chopped onion can also be cooked at the same time...stir in your egg/s and when the eggs are cooked I put everything on a plate and top with the cold diced tomato and cilantro.
A side of refried beans makes this dish taste good also. Season w/ salt & pepper and dig in. Lots of other options such as a side of crispy fried bacon (which I prefer) and picante sauce or cheese sauce. Play with it and you will find the taste you desire.

Got it. Loose on a plate. My flour tortilla idea was about keeping it together on the fork but that appears unnecessary.

Hilditch

Good to see you gave it a try. That's one of those "anytime" type meals.
Have a friend in the hospital that I visited Sunday. Her son came in and brought her Mexican food and it had chicken tacos with shredded cabbage on them. Never heard of that before but may give it a try. That still doesn't top my x-wife's macaroni & cheese with cabbage cooked in it. Yuk...Yuk...Yuk. And NO...I didn't like the taste. Could have something to do with her being my "X".

Back