Remove Wobble

JamesH

I picked up a #10 Lodge 3 notch with heat ring. I think it will be a great user, but it does have the slightest wobble on a glass stove top. Anyone have tips on removing wobble? I was thinking of finding an extra large piece of sand paper, or taping some together and then sliding the pan around on it to see if it levels out the heat ring?

In reality the cast iron cookware was never designed to be used on glass-top stoves. With that being said you may never get it to set completely flat. Might want to take a straight edge (metal being best) and see if the wobble is being caused due to a high spot on the center of the pan or if it is actually on the heat ring itself. If it's on the pan you can try possibly the sanding method to see if it improves but it will leave an area that's visibly shown when sanded.
The heat ring would be easier to remedy but you need to be careful and not remove too much or it will make it set worse than what you already have.
In reality if you can live with what you have I would just leave it as is and use it for oven cooking and try and find another pan for using on the glass-top.

Back