CI Bread Pans?

JJowers

Alright, so the wife has gotten into bread baking and now I'm looking for a cast iron loaf pan. I've learned that Lodge makes a new pan (factory seasoned), but I'm looking for an older one. I've seen photos of one Griswold made but they go for $400 plus - can't do that. Does anyone have any other options or ideas where I can look for one? Maybe one you would sell? Thanks.

Last edited:
It depends on the type of pan you're looking for. Wagner make a round loaf pan and I believe a bread stick pan. BSR makes them too. Even a early Lodge might fit your budget. I just bought a 5 Star Wagner off eBay and the guy just offered me a Favorite bread stick pan for another $20. I couldn't pass it up, even if it's cracked I can bake bread in it. French roll pans are plentiful and fairly cheap to come by. Good luck and good hunting.

Scott

There is a lot of auction sites on Facebook now but be careful, they don't come with eBay protection. Always use Paypal to buy and use their protection.

Can't help you with an old one but just so you'll know, I have a newer Lodge loaf
pan and it works very well for me. I make "beer bread" in it all the time.
Good luck looking and you're lucky to have a wife that likes to cook bread. If ya need help taste tasting let me know.:icon_thumbsup:

I use a bottom-gated, unidentifiable, #7 skillet, with the no-knead bread recipe located in the recipe section of this site. Probably made 300 loaves of "Artisan" bread so far, and they have been consistently delicious, except for 1 or 2 when we got a different oven and I had to revise the time.

I've been using a made in Taiwan DO for my bread baking...it's the best size I have for it. I am guessing that it's approximately the size of a #7. I have a #6 Wagner in my to be cleaned pile that I want to try with bread. I'm hoping I can get more lift and height on the loaf in a smaller DO, but without overflowing.

Thanks all. She wants a rectangle one about the size of the modern Lodge pan - maybe a little longer. I'll get her a new Lodge like Hank for now and see how it goes. Maybe I can come across an older one later.

Let's not forget the Wagner Ware double loaf pan. I don't know how it stacks up against the others mentioned here and it is a newer manufactured unit. I'd be interested in any observations on it, as I have one but have never used it.

Back