Biggest Pan to Date for Me...

The flea was almost a total bust this morning but on my next to last pass I saw a guy selling some jewelry out of a big pan with giant spouts. He let me dump the jewelry out and I flipped it over to find a WWSO #12. As with every smooth-bottomed Wagner pan larger than a #6 that I've ever seen, this one does not sit flat- :frown: but it's too big for me to use on the stovetop anyway and it'll work fine on my outdoor gas stove and for making giant pans of cornbread for Thanksgiving dressing and I think I did ok for $27.

Did it spin? Either way, it will be a great pan for outdoors and oven. I paid $40 for my unmarked Vollrath #12 and felt it was a good buy.

Not it didn't spin but wasn't far from it. It was semi-cruddy so when it gets out of the lye it could be better or worse.

I've bought a couple of 'not flat' big pans for cheap... I got an unmarked wagner #12 that looked like new on the inside... could still see the swirls when it was cleaned up... I donated that one to a family fund-raiser auction... the other one is an old 3 notch lodge #14... similar wobble, maybe worse... but the cooking surface is like glass... got that one for $25 at an auction. like you said, not really usable on a cooktop anyway... and would be fine over a camp fire or in the oven.

I use my Wapak #11, 12, and 14 on a regular basis. I usually cook a lot of food, and I find the extra space to be well worth the size of these pans. In fact, I hardly ever use anything smaller than a #9.My #10 is an Indian Head, which I dont use.....im going to look for another #10 so I can use it.

Back