RIP Beloved SOS Tuffy Scrubber

TedW

Well the manufacturer confirmed this has been discontinued. Sad, as they work great. I learned about them on this forum long ago.

I tried "The Ringer" - a piece of chain mail that abuses the seasoning. Nope

So I'm looking for the next Tuffy. I say that with a tear in my eye.

Any favorite scrubbies?

I switched to the Scrub Daddy. It eventually gets funked up and needs replacing, but it works. There is also a version that is a sponge with the scrub material on one side that may prove more cost effective than the original smiley face version.

I ordered a couple types off Amazon last night. Very basic plastic scrubbers without a sponge. We'll see.

I was really disappointed with The Ringer. Did terrible things to the seasoning

I've always used the lodge polycarbonate scrapers mainly, and then if there's really stubborn stuff that won't come off, a blue scotch brite pad (the non scratch kind, not the green ones) will do the trick without messing up seasoning, or even a dish rag with a scrub netting backing.

I switched to the Scrub Daddy. It eventually gets funked up and needs replacing, but it works. There is also a version that is a sponge with the scrub material on one side that may prove more cost effective than the original smiley face version.

Been using Scrub Daddy for about a year. Use a Lodge scraper to remove bulk junk then the Daddy for final cleaning. Works very well even with a caramelized mess stuck in the pan.

Back