Pot & Lid

MDFraley

Found an old pot w/ lid but haven't bought it since I have no data regarding it's history. Same dealer had an A.G.P. piece that was made by the A.G.P. foundry in Columbus, Ohio according to our C.I.C. resources.
If anyone knows anything about the pot/lid I would like to know more. The pot has a crack but the lid is fine. Raised 3 on bot the pot and lid. Lid is notched @ 9 & 3 o'clock to fit around the tabs on the pot which are level w/ the top of the pot. Very unusual...Have never seen one like this.
Thanks in advance.
http://imgur.com/a/wA2Zc

According to the grey book, this is a kettle. Based on my new pot, the size 3 was metric size, or something I have not figured out yet used in Europe and Africa and ? witch holds about 2 US gallons or maybe 8 liters. That is all i’ve got.

Hilditch

According to the grey book, this is a kettle. Based on my new pot, the size 3 was metric size, or something I have not figured out yet used in Europe and Africa and ? witch holds about 2 US gallons or maybe 8 liters. That is all i’ve got.

Hilditch

Can't be gallons....Pot isn't big enough to hold that much. Maybe.....3 quarts but even that's a lot for the physical size. Based on my memory (which isn't very much these days) it's about 8" tall and around 7" dia.
Thanks Hilditch....

are the numbers for the eyes on wood stoves the same here as they are in England? for a no3 that looks pretty big

Last edited:
Back