baking pan

John C.

found two interesting pieces at a flea market today.an unmarked cast iron bundt pan that appears unused with some surface rust and a wagner ware sidney o. baking pan # 1508.needs cleaning but appears to be in good condition. no camera to share pictures but was pleased to find these.any information on the wagner would be appreciated. thanks.

Someone on eBay has a #1508 listed BIN for $250. I'll check the red and blue books later to see if that's in any way realistic. I understand anything less than $100 if in good condition is considered a bargain.

Edited to add: Blue Book values 1508 at $125-200.

thanks a lot Doug.I don't have the red or blue books yet.guess I did o.k for $22.00 for both pieces.this helps make up for a couple of skillets that did'nt turn out to good under the crud.

Wow, nice pick. I usually feel really good if I can get a HTF piece for less than half of book value. I've been lucky, I guess, to have the number of pieces cleaned only to reveal cracks limited to under a handful.

just discovered that cleaning and seasoning that bundt pan is not an easy task.it seems to be a really nice casting .hope its not an immigrant from the orient.

What method are you using to clean it? I've found a cheap natural bristle paint brush very handy for getting seasoning fats/oils into crevices on pans like that. Keeps your hands a little further from the hot iron as well.

electro and a stainless scrub pad for cleanlng. paint brush sounds good.I just found some old e-bay listings for Lodge bundt pans. I am almost certain mine is Lodge from the pics. they were described as unmarked.

I like electrolysis, but sometimes there are pieces that have spots that just don't seem to want to give it up. But I've found the same to be true with lye on occasion, so...

That Griswold #27 I got recently, I did with just lye, and used bamboo skewers to really work the crud out of the wheat kernel detail. Came out very nice.

Back