Hello from Santa Cruz California

I have always like to use CI. A few years ago my wife pushed my to buy a camp oven, and we love it. Recently I acquired two pieces from my Father in laws yard and want to restore them for use.
I wasn't intending on creating a hobby for cast iron but after some research, it turns out, its pretty cool. I have also found out after talking with friends they are also passionate about CI cooking.

Here is what I found in the dirt, literally.

1-10" Wagner ware griddle number 1109 M Pretty rusty but otherwise in good condition.

1- 15 or 20 gallon Cauldron, also rusty but I am going to take a swing at restoring it to user status. I would really like to have some help identifying this one, I have a feeling that it is a 1850's-1890's piece, but would like some help identifying it.

I'll post threads about each of these.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. I found the same griddle at a yard sale a couple months back and upon removing some of the heavy rust found bad pitting on the edge of the cooking surface. Was very disappointed but knew I was taking a big chance. Wecome to your new addiction. I got hooked in a similar way.

Steve

Back