Unknown Pan, Can You Help ID It?

DKruitz

Hi Everyone, I'm relatively new to cast iron, but have a pair of BSRs and a Lodge. Nothing fancy but don't know what to make of this one -- I think it's older because of the heat ring - unsure though. I haven't bought it yet, but am bidding on it currently.

Does anyone recognize it? From what I can tell of the inside photo, the pour spout reaches almost to the bottom of the pan, in case that's a helpful tidbit.

https://goo.gl/photos/B6QFPVizHrqN6sa86

Yeah , that is much older . Looks like a gate mark on the bottom and the handle shape , I'd guess it's from around the mid 1800's . nice find .

Thanks! I did some more searching online and saw a similar one with the gate mark. When I looked closer at the one I'm trying to win, I could see the gate mark faintly on the bottom. I haven't won it yet, but will give it a try! How much is too much for these by the way? Ballpark estimate is appreciated.

No marks at all,is good user.I wouldn't pay more than $12 and it is a high price,you probably have to pay tax and some others charges for auction,so probably $7 or $8 is a fair price.since I can find those kind skillets at flea market,here people ask $2 or $3,I wouldn't pay more than 4

If it's like the other one I saw online with better photos, it appears to have a raised 7 cast into the handle. Only marks on it that I can tell.

Back