#1 Lodge 1 notch?

Something looks a bit out of place on your pictures posted but can't put my finger on it. First of all...Lodge never did make a #1 skillet to my knowledge but there again Lodge data on older CI cookware is virtually non existent.
Since you didn't provide anything but a picture can you tell us what the dimensions are from pour spout to pour spout? I have several pieces of the single notch Lodge including a #3 and mine measures 6 5/8" across the spouts.
Also....The texture appears to be quiet rough both inside and out which may indicate a copy and not the real McCoy so to speak.
I'm not an expert by no means so maybe someone will chime in with other supporting data.

Spout to spout is 6 3/8"

Also the texture is not rough, it just looks that way

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

i went at it with SOS and a wire brush. got the crud off for a better view.

From your dimensions provided I would think it's a copy/reproduced piece. I have the arc Lodge, single notch, and egg logo Lodge's and all three measure
6 5/8" out to out @ the pour spouts.
Maybe your piece is real...maybe it's a fake...Never seen a Lodge piece marked like the one you have. There again I have no claim to expertise. Maybe Doug D can assist you more better than I...Good luck in any case.

Probably import copying Lodge characteristics. The overall design is nothing like the Lodge from the one-notch period. Plus, after Lodge stopped putting raised size numbers on top of handles, they didn't put anything in that spot at all. I would consider the 1 on this one a pattern identifier, not a size marking.

pics of this pan have gone out and opinions have returned.
its not Lodge
its an asian recast
the heat ring is way off center
the "3" is too close to the center
there are no lodge single notch with handle markings

Back