ID Request for 1st Trivet

BenjaminO

I bought my first cast iron trivet yesterday at a flea market. I'm not completely sure if it's even very old but I wanted to see if anyone here can tell me anything about it. My housemates seem to like it's functionality so I know it was a good purchase for that reason alone!
DSCF8800 by Refinders, on Flickr
DSCF8802 by Refinders, on Flickr
DSCF8804 by Refinders, on Flickr

I bought a trivet last week that has the same manufactures mark. Virginia Metalcrafters . I don't remember the dates.

Guys,
I have a lady friend that has so many of these trivets it's difficult at best to try and I.D. them. I too did some research on the Virginia Metal Crafters and find that the company was closed around 2002 but is still operating on limited production pieces...i.e. knock-offs. Anyway here is the link I have that shows you can still get the catalogue as with our BB & RB cast iron books.
Good luck with the trivet collecting. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1574323997?ie=UTF8&tag=demingliu-20#reader_1574323997

Thanks for the link, MDFraley. My wife and I have picked up a few trivets to set hot cast iron on if needed. Then we picked up a few because they looked cool or were the small version of one we all ready had. We both said that we had plenty and didn't need any more. We picked up 2 more last week. Go figure.

You're welcome Shawn......I too have several of them that I use for setting hot C.I. on. I noticed on one of the trivet links that they offer rubber slip-on feet for them. I remember that most of the ones I have seen are about the same size for the feet. I am going to check at the local hardware to see if they carry them first. Mine tends to scoot on the counter top so I need to put them in check before I have a floor full of C.I and food.

Back