Erie No. 8 Flop Question

Jeff_Z

I tried Google and Ebay and I can't find any info on this one. The bottom is marked ERIE NO 8 and below that 2406 which I'm guessing is a part #. The top is marked 2408 on each round part which again I think is a part #. Can anyone give me an age and a rough idea of what one these may be worth? I'm keeping it as I think its unusual per my limited knowledge and research. I tried uploading photos from my phone is it just keeps saying upload error. Thanks in advance.

It's exactly like this one, but mine is 10x better shape. No affiliation with the link.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/erie-co-8-3-pan-flop-flip-griddle

Last edited:
Griswold called the numbers pattern numbers. The "folding pancake griddle" aka flop griddle was phased out by the mid 1920s.

Depends on condition, e.g. no pitting, cracks, or broken hinges. Similar on eBay appear to go for up to a few hundred $.

This one I have is in excellent shape with no cracks, chips or breaks. I didn't see this exact one on eBay and actually the one in my original post is the only other match I could find. Thanks again for the info.

Back