Help Identify #12 Griddles

C.R. Jacobson

Yesterday I found a Griswold large logo #12 handled griddle in ok as found condition for sale. The seller also had a bailed #12 griddle which is part of the deal. The back is quite rusty and I tried to take a picture of it but it was very low light and phone couldn't pick up any detail. I can make out what looks like ONEY in block letters. I am guessing that the O IS a D and it is SIDNEY HOLLOWWARE. If I'm correct is the pair of them worth $100.? I have checked eBay completed listings and nothing comparable shows up. The Griswold griddles that do show up are all over the lot price wise.No SIDNEY ones show up at all. I am questioning how collectable is the Sydney griddle ? if that is in fact what it is. I don't need them both so was looking to turn one or the other over to help out my purchase . Thanks , your guesses will be better than mine

Does the Griswold have a p/n on it? The Wagner Ware #12 bailed griddle would go for about $75 if it were in good shape but sounds like it isn't so don't base what would be a good collector's price on it. Maybe $30 to $40 max.
The reason I ask about the Griswold it sounds like it may be a shallow skillet/griddle. Assuming it is the $100 bucks for the two may be a good deal.

I don't think griswold made a 'handled griddle' bigger than a #10...
unless you are referring to some sort of rectangular griddle...

Back