Loud Ting

BrentS

While cooking breakfast this morning with a #7 sbl Grizz... I sprayed it with pam and a nice coat of coconut butter .... bringing the temperature up slowly... reached and grabbed an egg and it happened.... The dreaded loud “Ting”
I knew right away what had just happened... looked under the pan.... Drip, Drip, Drip..... Crap. This pan now lives on the wall in my garage... What a shame.

No... I knew it had a hairline crack in it when I cleaned it up... So my plan was to baby it and hope to fill the crack with seasoning over time. The crack didn’t leak... it passed the boiling water test... I never use cracked pans ... but it’s a Grizz... Right. I figured I’d use it for an egg pan. No heavy grease cooking in this one. I always set my eggs that I plan to cook out ahead of time to get them close to room temperature before cooking them... So no cold eggs to hot pan on this one. Just cracked more on the warm up... The only thing different I used was the coconut butter instead of my regular butter... Smh

Back