Skillet Storage Display

Steven C

I had a chance to finish this the other day and thought I would share with the group.

I know many of you are always thinking where or how to store or display your cast iron. But we all seem to have the same problem of what space is available to use. This was what I came up for the empty space of wall the other side of the refrigerator next to the back door. I had about 27 & 1/2 inches of wall and only one center stud that would only allow one row going down. My solution was plywood and then use old fence panel to face it.
MqcBv5l.jpg

Added a picture to show what I use to hang the skillets
zsIDe2Q.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I have some old pallets and a wall that I might do something similar with. Thanks for the idea.

Are these pans you use or just display, or both?

That is very nice, and small enough that most of us, including me, can find room to imitate it.

Well done.

Jack

Mike it kinda works for both, it started out with 5 running down the center stud be as I added a few more I had to go to plan B and make more room with the same space. There are a few I'll be upgraded as I find and change out. I've got them spaced Inbetween the the rows for a number of sizes but still look ok to the eye. And yes for now I cook with the ones I have.

Jack, I know some of us with older houses and smaller kitchens have to get creative on maximizing what space we have. Mine is a little bigger than most of the 1950's kitchens in the neighborhood and it still doesn't seem big enough for me.

Hey Steven, That looks really nice. I think you told me, a while back, that I may need to re-think my horizontal design, and make more room. Now I see what you were working on 🤓. Very nice touch :icon_thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing a good idea Steven; those of us with small kitchens have to be pretty inventive. My gem pans are still propped up on my counter tops! Maybe someday... Good ideas are always welcome on this site.

Back